Apr
2015

Members of the veterinary community, including the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) and the College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at Colorado State University (CSU), have issued statements of concern and outrage regarding the bow-and-arrow killing of a cat by veterinarian Kristen Lindsey in Texas last week. Some have also taken remedial steps.

The AVMA has set up a special email address to gather complaints: JudicialCouncil@avma.org. They will forward those complaints to the AVMA Judicial Council, which investigates allegations of unethical conduct of veterinarians. From there, they will take appropriate action, including the potential dismissal of Lindsey from AVMA.

CSU, Lindsey’s alma mater (2012), published a letter to CSU students and colleagues expressing its concern, reported KBTX, “decry[ing] the grotesque actions and comments in [Lindsey’s] post” and confirming its support of student and veterinary professionals who are concerned about animal welfare.

Lindsey’s now-former employer, Washington Animal Clinic in Brenham, Tx., immediately fired Lindsey after they learned of the post last week, KBTX reported.

Alley Cat Allies, a national advocacy organization dedicated to the protection and humane treatment of cats, has also offered a $7,500 reward to anyone with evidence leading to the arrest and conviction of the responsible party.

Although neither Washington Animal Clinic nor Lindsey is a member of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), AAHA’s Chief Executive Officer, Michael Cavanaugh, DVM, DABVP, perhaps best summed up the veterinary community’s reaction to the incident.

“When I saw this posting on Facebook I was speechless,” said Cavanaugh. “Similar to other organizations, we at AAHA are appalled and saddened by the actions of this veterinarian. Veterinarians have worked very hard to earn the trust of the public and will continue to do so by respecting and celebrating the human-animal bond in our society.

“My hope is this unfortunate act by one individual will not torpedo the efforts of tens of thousands of veterinarians who work tirelessly to do the right thing by their clients and patients every single day.”

This morning, the Austin County Sheriff’s Department completed its investigation, according to its Facebook page. The case has been turned over to the Austin County District Attorney who will file charges against Lindsey under Texas Penal Code 42.092, Cruelty to Nonlivestock Animals. In Texas, Lindsey's actions are classified as a state jail felony.

If convicted, Lindsey could face 180 days to 2 years in a state jail, and up to $10,000 in fines.

Comments (65) -

Teri Kidd, DVM
Teri Kidd, DVMUnited States
4/23/2015 4:46:05 PM #

Give this horrible, horrible person the maximum punishment allowed by law!  Unfortunately, it's won't be enough to serve as justice for that poor cat and his people.  What monster in our midst she is!

Renee
ReneeUnited States
4/24/2015 3:52:11 AM #

I wonder if she hadn't posted the picture, but had completed the horrid act, if it had gone unnoticed would there still be consequences for her actions?  She was fired, only after she posted the photo, and now they are considering taking her license.  I agree, all horrendous and she shouldn't be in charge of caring for anyone's animals, but the fact that, there was no attention to this matter, until she posted on social media really bothers me.  In other words, would she have not faced any recourse, or consequences, if she hadn't only posted the picture, or was it that she killed a cat in the manner.  What is the message here...it's okay to do this, as long as you don't boast or post on social media.  The girl has some serious issue's to think that this is acceptable by any means, of course she should of been fired, and lose her certifications/licenses, but the way it's been handled is sending the wrong message.  The message should be, if you abuse an animal in any way, and your held to higher standards as a "caring vet" with education, this behavior is absolutely not tolerated, even if you post, or not.  Just don't do it, its wrong!!! And if this seems appropriate, your in the WRONG profession!!!

Bob Cohn
Bob CohnUnited States
4/24/2015 6:41:12 AM #

This woman should have her license revoked for a period of not less tha 5 years. This wasn't a "MISTAKE" this was an aggressive act of ANIMAL CRUELTY.

Levi
LeviUnited States
7/14/2015 11:54:56 PM #

FOR A PERIOD?! Are you ill? She should have her license PERMANENTLY revoked.

Sandy
SandyUnited States
4/24/2015 8:48:19 AM #

I'm a former Vet Tech, and my husband is a retired Veterinarian. We were more than appalled when we saw the photo and read the story of this heinous action. If it was a feral tomcat, why didn't she humanely trap it, neuter, and then set free again?! If the cat was someone's pet, how about trapping and doing whatever possible to find the owner? What happened to doing whatever possible to save an animal? Isn't that why she became a Vet?! Take away her license to practice!!!

Beth Vega
Beth VegaUnited States
4/24/2015 10:11:08 AM #

I am glad to know this will be further pursued in the name of justice. What a horrid example. She does not represent veterinarians in general.

Jay McKillop
Jay McKillopCanada
4/24/2015 10:12:18 AM #

My sincerely thanks for your response and prompt action.  This shocked and repulsed and saddened so many.

Jay McKillop

Susan Bishoff
Susan BishoffUnited States
4/24/2015 10:12:52 AM #

I am going to email and request further action be taken against any vet who would knowing shoot a defenseless animal. She is in the wrong profession

Judith RobINSON
Judith RobINSONUnited States
4/24/2015 10:42:23 AM #

I am not an activist, but I am an animal welfarest and I was sickened by the cruelty that Kristen Lindsey inflicted on this animal.  I am sure vets take an oath like doctors due.  To  think of all the unknowing patients who left their animals in her care and thought they were leaving their beloved animals in good hands.  Please take her licence away and forbid her to have animals.

CSU and the town/state of Texas need to act on this not ignore this.

Veronica Pais
Veronica PaisUnited States
4/24/2015 10:43:34 AM #

I hope they give her the highest penalty and fines to show that this will not be tolerated by anyone.  Hopefully this will be set as an example for all who mistreat animals everywhere to help deter the behavior.

Borderbully
BorderbullyUnited States
4/24/2015 10:45:41 AM #

It's not mentioned if her license will be revoked. She should be forever banned from practicing veterinarian medicine.

Ruth Harshaw
Ruth HarshawUnited States
4/24/2015 10:55:26 AM #

I was saddened and appalled when I saw this post.  I have the utmost respect for veterinarians.  I currently have four cats, one looks like the one this woman killed and they are inside/outside cats.  In my area feral cats are protected.  If caught they spayed/neutered and one corner of an ear is clipped so people know they are protected.  I have worked at three different shelters, one in Puerto Rico and have no problem recognizing a feral cat from a domestic one.  I realize this woman was young but there is no joy in killing any animal!!  I was at Walgreens yesterday and they are hiring.  Currently both of our vets are female and they are so wonderful.  We also have four dogs so we see them often.  Please do NOT allow this woman effect Veterinary Services!!!

Linda Mudry
Linda MudryUnited States
4/24/2015 10:55:34 AM #

Will they also revoke her license?

Amy Royal
Amy RoyalUnited States
4/24/2015 11:04:42 AM #

Many would not be as shocked by such a cruel behavior had it not been a veterinary healthcare professional, who took an oath to protect and care for companion animals in every way possible. This is the ultimate betrayal to a helpless animal and a blatant insult to Veterinarians who work so hard to help our beloved pets everyday. I can only believe that her background must have somehow been an influence on her actions and that this individual should be made to seek professional psychological evaluation.

susan darnell
susan darnellUnited States
4/24/2015 11:09:11 AM #

she should be give the Max and then some. No animal should have to suffer with what she did, don't just slap her on the wrist and let it go. Take it to the max limit. 2 years is not enough for the loss of a incent animal.

Gena L Trammell
Gena L TrammellUnited States
4/24/2015 11:25:44 AM #

Just so you know, I hope that this vile woman gets a lot more than 2 years in a state jail. That would be spitting in the face of all the people who do love animals and fight daily to ensure their safety and happiness. She should serve at least 10 years in prison for the heinous act of murdering a living breathing creature! Her losing her license to practice is never going to be enough. I always check out a vets credentials before allowing them to touch my baby's. If they act ugly or as though they don't care, they lose a patient quick, fast and in a hurry. That poor cat did not deserve to die at the hands of this hateful woman. If she thinks doing things like that is okay, what else will she do?? Something you should seriously ask yourselves.

char
char United States
4/24/2015 11:35:10 AM #

I don't think 180 days in jail is enough punishment for someone(vet) to pay for murdering a pet. She should pay the price of immediate jail time loss of license, lose her ability to EVER own another animal as long as she lives. Be forced to register as a animal abuser where ever she lives. Forced to explain to the family whose pet she murdered why. Have to pay for what she did to this family and there beloved pet (cat). The fine should double or triple as should jail time.

Dr. Mary Brown, DVM, MPH
Dr. Mary Brown, DVM, MPHUnited States
4/24/2015 12:11:48 PM #

I hope she gets 2 years in the pen and the 10K fine.  I just can't believe a veterinarian would do this -so disturbing.

Ann Brumby
Ann BrumbyUnited States
7/9/2015 2:26:02 PM #

I wonder, you being directly involved with the care of animals and  working with other vet's and encountering a variety of potential situations, such as the one with Kristen Lindsey , if you are also  aware of something I have only recently learned while researching cases like this ~  that  it is extremely rare , no matter how much proof has been provided in cases of accusations of animal abuse, that a vet had their license revoked. I find this extremely disturbing and very disheartening that these boards supposedly set up to regulate , investigate as well as protect, seem very very reluctant and worse , often remiss in insuring that the few 'rotten apples' out there are actually punished and particularly by insuring they can never legally work with animals again . The law certainly does not take these horrific cases seriously~ they go through the motions mostly but no real serious concern and hardly any convictions if it even goes to court~ I think this is the case more so in Texas than some other states~ So we are left looking to the Tx Board of Veterinarian Medical Examiners and seems less and less likely there will be anything done to stop her from continuing on~ she even has the nerve to set up another FaceBook page with many 'supporters"  of the same or similar mentality~ I cannot express the depth of my disgust with not only her, but all the agencies we look to to protect us and our animals from sick people like Ms. Lindsey who so far has only suffered the minor inconvenience of having her parents pay for a fancy lawyer to get her off. She never even apologized to the owners of the cat nor to anyone else for her actions . I cannot help but wonder if more veterinarians actually wrote to the Board of medical Examiners and expressed their concern and wish for her to be properly punished that it would carry far more weight and complaints by the general public. Any thoughts on this?

Carol Sparks
Carol Sparks United States
4/24/2015 12:12:20 PM #

I hope that veterinarian Kristen Lindsey of Texas gets her license revoked  and goes to prison for the maximum term.  What is going on with people that want too abuse and kill animals. Maybe they really want to kill people and are practicing on animals.  They are just mean and need to be eliminated from society.  Think of all the time and energy and money we would have to do good productive things for each other and our planet if we didn't have to deal with someone like this.

Cynthia J
Cynthia JUnited States
4/24/2015 12:20:00 PM #

She should get the full 2 year jail sentence AND  the $10,000.00 fine.

Barbara Dye
Barbara DyeCanada
4/24/2015 12:32:36 PM #

What haunts me is...........a veterinarian posted yesterday that one could tell that the cat was still alive when the photo was taken....by his paws....if the cat were dead, the paws would have hung loosely......OMIGOD!!

Janet Phegley
Janet PhegleyUnited States
4/24/2015 12:45:39 PM #

That is not a big enough fine and the jail time is too small. If she can get away with this, who says there won't be others. Set an example now.

michelle staples
michelle staplesUnited States
4/24/2015 12:49:26 PM #

This young woman needs to get psychiatric care right away. This is a sickness in her that could blossom into injuring or killing people.

Sarah L.
Sarah L.United States
4/24/2015 1:10:01 PM #

She should lose her license and do jail time. She is disgrace to the veterinary field and the people who work tirelessly to help animals for a living.

Susan Wendland
Susan WendlandUnited States
4/24/2015 1:45:34 PM #

Upon seeing the post that Ms. Lindsey made showing her smiling as she held this innocent cat at the end of her arrow, it made me sick to my stomach & madder than hell.  The FBI has said that starting in 2016 acts like this will be considered a felony and punishable as though the person committed a crime against a human being.  They need to enforce this NOW against Ms. Lindsey!  2 yrs although a step in the right direction is NOT enough.  This cat was not her first kill, it was the one that got her caught and I firmly believe she would still be doing this very same thing if she never posted her "trophy picture" on the internet.  Justice for Tiger...and every innocent pet!  We are their only voice!

Irish
IrishUnited States
4/24/2015 2:04:13 PM #

Her vile deed has gone Global from the UK to Japan,she now is the most hated woman in America!

www.facebook.com/.../415430005305233

Pam Folkerth
Pam FolkerthUnited States
4/24/2015 2:07:11 PM #

I hope she is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law & she serves every day.  Also, I think  Kristen Lindsey should have to write a check each and every month either to the owner of the cat or to a charity the owner chooses and this should be for her entire life.

Charolette Constable
Charolette ConstableUnited States
4/24/2015 2:36:10 PM #

I live in Fort Smith, AR and we have some wonderful vets doing practice here.  Lindsey is the only vet that I have ever heard kill an innocent animal for the pure pleasure of it.  I trust my vets completely.  They run a wonderful clinic close to my home and I have taken them pets for years.  I worry about Lindsey.  If she gets that much pleasure out of killing an animal, will it be a human next?  She has problems and if she gets no jail time then they are asking for more killings.  If she gets away with it once, it is likely to happen again and again but she won't advertise it.  I hope she gets at least 2 years because she is scary.

Peggy S.
Peggy S.United States
4/24/2015 3:09:33 PM #

I hope she gets the maximum sentence that Texas will allow.  I hope this callous, senseless act of cruelty ruins that bitch's life!

Tina Buhl-Haller
Tina Buhl-HallerUnited States
4/24/2015 3:12:58 PM #

Kristen Lindsey's veterinary license needs to be revoked and she needs to get the maximum jail time for her heinous, despicable criminal act!!!

Karen Cappuccio
Karen CappuccioUnited States
4/24/2015 3:13:32 PM #

Talk about  abuse of animals & a total disregard of her oath " Not to do harm" & yet publically post & be proud of it shows & demonstrates her emotional & mental state of mind is that of someone who is "deeply troubled!" 180 days in jail is not enough. I would agree that 2 years jail time plus the fine PLUS community service of picking up trash along the highways for 6 months, 5 hours a day would be a start  plus 1 year of continuous counseling. This girl is emotionally & mentally sick & needs some type of help that IM sorry she should be offered. Jail time is a must but the length of jail time needs to implement to her & anyone in the future that this abuse will NOT be tolerated in Tx or anywhere in fact! The world is watching this case. The animal lovers, rescues, shelters are all wondering if that slap on the hands (no jail time) will be given in this case. People are watching Texas & I hope & pray that Texas do the right thing and give very harsh treatment to Lindsey so that animals & people may rejoice that finally someone who deserves stiff jail time will finally get it! I do not think a stiff sentence has ever been handed down. So Texas do not disappoint as the "world" is watching...Thx you

Carol
CarolUnited States
4/24/2015 3:15:18 PM #

I sincerely hope that the court system applies the harshest of penalties against this person.  Totally sick individual.  And I hope she is unable to find another job for a very, very long time

Kelly S. Coldewey
Kelly S. ColdeweyUnited States
4/24/2015 3:23:49 PM #

Thank you for getting the information out about what Kristen Lindsey did to an innocent cat. That cat suffered an awful death.  She needs to go to jail. Period.

Lee Rowan
Lee RowanCanada
4/24/2015 4:29:45 PM #

I hope that this horrible individual is never allowed to practice vet medicine anywhere and gets the maximum penalty the law allows.  (Though it is not enough, not nearly enough. I think she should be jailed for life.)

What worries me, too, is the fact that most serial killers start out on animals and eventually move on to human beings. Lindsey's bare-faced bragging about this horrible attack suggests to me that she has no conscience at all... and that is dangerous.

Some of the best people I know are veterinarians and vet techs, but I guess every profession has its monsters.  My condolences to your profession for this hideous aberration.

Dawn Rupard
Dawn RupardUnited States
4/24/2015 4:35:02 PM #

Hallelujah hallelujah hallelujah!!!  Although I still think the maximum sentence is far to lenient for the senseless murder of someone's family member, I am BEYOND THRILLED to see law enforcement & DA taking this matter seriously & letting it be known that this is WRONG & will NOT BE TOLERATED!  Just because the life lost was a cat & not a human, that doesn't make its life any less valuable.. We need to protect our animals far better than we do now. Animal welfare affects EVERYONE & how we treat our animals is s reflection of how we treat each other. It takes nothing away from humans to be kind towards animals.  If anything, it serves to strengthen our humanity. Thank you for not letting another animal die in vain at the hands of an uncaring & thoughtless human being!

Kit
KitUnited States
4/24/2015 5:22:17 PM #

Dear sirs,

I would like to see a sincere call to action from all veterinarians and veterinary groups.  For me proof of true outrage at the heinous act of cruelty against Tiger would be for all veterinarians to come together in
solidarity to ban the mutilation of cats by declawing.  To ignore the amputation of cat's toes for profit is a disgrace on all vets who still perform this surgery.  A surgery that leaves a cat crippled, with behavioral problems, in pain many times for the rest of its natural life.  Many of these cats end up in kill shelters for not using the litter box or for biting. Thus, these cats have no natural life because they are killed before their time. The argument that declawing keeps cats in their homes and out of I'm shelters is plainly bogus.  Let's take action against the vets who torture and mutilate millions of cats as a regular practice.

crystal jacobs
crystal jacobsUnited States
4/24/2015 5:34:45 PM #

What she did is incomprehensible.   She needs to be made an example of.

Linda Williams
Linda WilliamsUnited States
4/24/2015 6:08:49 PM #

I don't think Kristen Lindsey should ever be able to practice as a veterinarian again in her lifetime. I could only glance at the pic. on fb but read the article attached and I was very disturbed by her actions. Yes, she should be convicted, serve jail time, and be fined. Her fine should go to an animal shelter.
thanks
Linda

Jennie Cupertino
Jennie CupertinoUnited States
4/24/2015 6:33:48 PM #

I think what this woman did is horrible. Noticed I did not say Veterinarian.
Also notice my email address. Years ago my mom had a feral colony of
Bobtails she would feed. I was able to rescue and keep five kittens. One
Had a long tail. Their names were Max, Simba, Bosco, Boo and Milo.
Max had such long back legs. They were all beautiful cats. Milo had the
Long tail.
I think this women's  conduct was outrages. The law should handle this
Action that she so proudly boasted about.

Patricia McCabe
Patricia McCabeUnited States
4/24/2015 6:40:11 PM #

This is just unacceptable! To kill a cat with a bow and arrow... she should never be allow near another animal for as long as she lives!

Trish McCabe

DG Pugh
DG Pugh United States
4/24/2015 6:57:46 PM #

I believe the posting was stupid, but... How would this be viewed if she had shot a feral Hog (many not edible due to Brucella), or a feral dog that had been killing goats or sheep ?
This may have been a feral cat that kills birds (which is detrimental to many ecosystems) ?

I am apalled that she shot a cat then put it on Face book, and i am bothered that members of the profession jump all over her before we have learned all the facts.

I am also sure glad there was no Facebook in 1981 when was first out of Vet school
(no...i didnt shoot any cats)

Karen
KarenUnited States
4/24/2015 7:09:18 PM #

If she could do this to a cat then she could easy do it to a human as well. Since that's how Killers start out killing Animals and then on from there.

Andy Marcell
Andy MarcellUnited States
4/24/2015 7:09:48 PM #

This is a responsible reply to her actions. She needs help more than punishment. Her career is destroyed by her actions.

Rose Star
Rose StarUnited States
4/24/2015 7:39:39 PM #

It's a great thing for the Austin D.A. to charge this woman for her crimes.  It is my wish that she pay the full price without leniency.  As a veterinarian, she is even more at fault than the general public.  She took an oath to protect animals and not only did she commit a felony, she broke her oath.  She should never be allowed around animals ever again.  She has no feeling for them at all.  This is the oath she took according to:   www.avma.org/.../veterinarians-oath.aspx

Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge.

I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics.

I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.

Andrea Smith
Andrea SmithUnited States
4/24/2015 7:42:54 PM #

She should get a lot more than 2 years & $10,000 fine!!!!!!  They should investigate to see if she's done anything like this before!

Ronna Travali
Ronna TravaliUnited States
4/24/2015 8:07:40 PM #

Jail time isn't enough for this woman.  She had a reckless regard for the life of this animal, someone's beloved pet!  She joked and laughed about it.  This woman needs to lose her license to EVER practice animal medicine again!

Shana Garner
Shana GarnerUnited States
4/24/2015 8:28:45 PM #

I would cringe at the thought of finding out that my veterinarian had done this! this is right there with preacher rapes, police beatings and stashing a gun or drugs. Vets are sworn to save animals not kill them!

Janis Oser
Janis OserUnited States
4/24/2015 8:39:11 PM #

i hope she never touches another animal ever again

Vivienne Graves
Vivienne GravesUnited States
4/24/2015 8:39:45 PM #

It is my hope that she gets the maximum jail and fine.  I also hope that poor cat's owner sue her for everything she has.Nothing will bring their cat back but they deserve some compensation for their loss.

luciearl
luciearlUnited States
4/24/2015 9:16:05 PM #

She has her license taken away, right?  What doctor goes into medicine to kill a life? I don't understand.

LaurieEllen Roberts
LaurieEllen RobertsUnited States
4/24/2015 10:32:57 PM #

This post left me absolutely speechless. I am still trying to wrap my head around this barbaric way of thinking by Kristen Lindsley...a veterinarian...really?? I hope she loses her license AND is punished.

Joan Wells
Joan WellsUnited States
4/25/2015 12:37:15 AM #

Excellent that Veterinary Professionals are coming together to evaluate whether or not she should ever be put in a position to help animals again. Also grateful Texas law enforcement is following through with a felony arrest.

The photograph shows a severely damaged right hind leg with fresh blood. I am believing Forensic evaluations will indicate Kristin shot a trapped animal. I also see that the arrow went through the front of the cat's head, almost to the fletching, indicating a very close distance between Kristin and the cat.

No feral cat, and no domestic cat deserves this treatment. My experience is that a person who can do this once, will do it again, and will probably escalate their intent to cause pain and to kill.

I would also say that Becky, Kristin's mother, who took the photograph and commented with pride about the incident is an accessory to the crime, and needs be accountable for her behavior and the choices she made.

Thank you very much for taking this matter so seriously.

Bonnie Boduk
Bonnie BodukNetherlands
4/25/2015 1:28:39 AM #

I am very glad that the veterinary community and organizations, the police, the citizens all around this planet and the justice system are taking this so seriously. Kristen Lindsey is a detriment to the veterinary profession and absolutely deserves a felony count on her record, plus the full state jail time and the full fine.  I worked as a veterinary assistant at Homestead AFB while in the USAF Reserves. I saw all kinds of misery come through the door. Each one broke my heart. Anyone who is truly dedicated to animals would never do the horrifying thing done to that poor cat by Kristen Lindsey.

Pamela Plummer
Pamela PlummerUnited States
4/25/2015 1:35:40 AM #

I was so glad to see this article, along with others that have been written in the past few day, condemning the acts of Kristen Lindsey.  I hope that she loses her license to practice veterinary medicine and is made to spend a bit of time in jail to pay for her actions.  That she so callously killed someone else's pet and then proceeded to make a joke of it with the help of her mother, Becky, is not what a veterinarian is!  It's along the same lines of putting a child molester in charge of children's activities!  Some things just aren't right and should never be done.

V
VUnited States
4/25/2015 2:05:00 AM #

I hope this "person" serves every last day of a very large sentence! Since she is/was a veterinarian, she should be given full max penalty (time and fine) PLUS an extra 10 yrs to be served fully. She is/was entrusted to care for animals--so glad she never touched mine!
So many things I would love to say, but I'll curb my tongue and keep it civil.

carolyn rodgers
carolyn rodgersCanada
4/25/2015 3:27:44 AM #

i am so happy with this news that she is actually going to be charged for this horrific crime, i just hope she doesnt get a slap on the wrist, we need justice for this defenseless cat that was just out for a stroll, he didnt do anything to anyone, tiger was so innocent,and for lindsey to not like feral cats in the first place goes to show how much she doesnt like animals ,that mother should be charges for videotaping the killing, seriously that is just horrible, i am a big animal lover if i knew someone was going to hurt an animal i would certainly do something about it, eveyone is outraged about what happened to poor tiger, i certainly hope he didnt suffer at all, by the looks of the picture he didnt,and now there is a copycat going around and did this to another cat, but thankfully this cat survived and is going to be ok,rip tiger we are hoping justice will be served

Christine Walker
Christine WalkerUnited States
4/26/2015 6:18:39 PM #

Unethical?? Talk about the understatement of the century. Sadly she won't get the punishment she really deserves. Her license should be revoked permanently and she should never be allowed to have pets.

Dina Douglas
Dina DouglasUnited States
4/26/2015 8:27:59 PM #

WHOO - HOOTY!!   YAAAAAAY!
Jail, jail JAIL TIME!!!!!  And her license should be revoked forever - no mere "suspension>"  A common felon who murdered a pet should never, EVER make another dime of the care of others' pets.

Ramona Wanglund
Ramona WanglundUnited States
4/26/2015 9:39:56 PM #

thisbwoman needs to do jail time. She takes an oath as any doctor does to do no harm. She violated all trust and all oaths.

J Danek
J DanekUnited States
4/30/2015 5:48:27 PM #

I hope that Dr. Kristen Lindsey loses her license and, if there is sufficient evidence, is convicted of this unconscionable act of brutality and receives the maximum sentence. The is no redemption or rehabilitations for sociopaths...

Suzanne Erfurth
Suzanne ErfurthUnited States
5/2/2015 11:09:13 PM #

Innocent till proven guilty, but if she is found guilty, I suggest a much longer sentence.  And I'm normally not a fan of the criminal justice system--it's too full of innocent drug users who committed "victimless crimes." The photo of the poor beautiful dead cat and the gloating woman does not say "victimless crime" to me.

Ken Diestler
Ken DiestlerUnited States
5/7/2015 5:52:25 PM #

Well, now that the appropriate groups have issued the politically correct and near mandatory "statements of concern and outrage" all will be well.
Was this an incredibly calloused and stupid act, beyond comprehension for a veterinarian-absolutely, but let's follow the rules and the laws in place.  This is getting more news time than the people who throw babies in a dumpster.

D Hadley
D HadleyCanada
5/8/2015 3:41:49 PM #

Maybe because "the time has come, to talk of many things..." as the Walrus said, but at THIS time, of the rights of nonhuman animals as the conscious, sentient beings they ARE, deserving of our respect and reverence, vs. the twisted-over-time-and-language version of the word, "dominance" (over them).

D Hadley
D HadleyCanada
5/8/2015 8:58:36 AM #

POTENTIAL dismissal?!!! Are you kidding? This should be an outright GIVEN, and shouldn't be dependent upon any legal conviction, either! DA Koehn is already well known for not allowing any animal cruelty cases to even go to trial, the search for hard evidence by the Sheriff has been thoroughly, and likely deliberately, botched (Tiger's sitter has never said she had to identify any body, & has been forced all along to simply presume Tiger was killed), none of the Lindsey family were told they must stay in TX pending an investigation, KL has never even been questioned, and NO ACTION has taken place against her in all this time. The AVMA is not answering my question about WHEN they might take action, the TVMA still has her listed as licensed, and a recent TV report on hundreds of complaints filed against vets reveal gross cover-ups by this professional board. www.keyetv.com/.../...ct-vets-not-pets-25679.shtml
I see zero justice being done here so far. These failures are as much an indictment against the veterinary and legal fields as is KL's own, abominable actions. NO animal will ever be safe, if this is how slipshod the entire useless and gutless system in the US treats even THE most heinous examples of crimes against animals. Wholly shameful and unforgivable on every possible level!!!

Pingbacks and trackbacks (1)+

The Standard of Veterinary Excellence ®
American Animal Hospital Association | Copyright © 2017 | Privacy Statement | Contact Us