Dec
21
2018
As a veterinary professional, you’re committed to giving your patients the very best care — but unexpected illnesses and injuries can leave pet owners scrambling to cover the costs. Luckily, pet insurance can help. ...more
Dec
17
2018
Working interviews are always risky, especially if the proper steps are not being followed. Unfortunately, in the eyes of the IRS and Department of Labor (DOL), a candidate who is under your control and works in your office using your equipment on your patients, is still an employee, no matter how short the working interview is. As such, an employer could still be liable for malpractice, worker’s comp, and HIPPA violations. ...more
Dec
13
2018
AAHA Advantage is a group purchasing organization dedicated exclusively to helping AAHA-accredited members save money through upfront discounts and quarterly rebates on the products they use in their practices. ...more
Dec
11
2018
Are you taking full advantage of your Office Depot/OfficeMax member benefit? Join us for a FREE 15-minute educational webinar on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 2 p.m. EST to learn about the advantages of buying your office supplies through the AAHA/ Office Depot-OfficeMax Member Values Program....more
Dec
5
2018
Are you offering benefits to help attract and retain talent? Do you know how your benefits compare to other practices?

...more
Nov
28
2018
It may surprise you that not all persons in need of long-term care are elderly. Approximately 63% are persons aged 65 and older and the remaining 37% are 64 years of age and younger (3.7 million). And with the average cost of nursing home care equating to more than $85,775/yr. today and projected to cost more than $300,000/year in 30 years, that could potentially deplete your retirement or life savings....more
Nov
23
2018
It is well established that animals can pick up on our emotions, including fear and hesitation. Equine veterinarians are especially conscious of this, but it applies to small-animal practice, too. Think about your day and what patients you may dread seeing. Yes, dread. ...more
Nov
19
2018
Are you taking full advantage of your Office Depot/OfficeMax member benefit? Join us for a FREE 15-minute educational webinar on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 2pm EST to learn about the advantages of buying your office supplies through the AAHA/Office Depot-OfficeMax Member Values Program....more
Nov
13
2018
Many questions are prohibited under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA). Additionally, many state and municipalities have prohibited previous employment salary inquiries....more
Nov
8
2018
Put care in paw’s reach with the AAHA Pet Health Insurance Program offered by Petplan! Since 1933, AAHA has helped veterinarians practice their best medicine. Now AAHA has partnered with Petplan pet insurance to help more pet parents give their furry family the highest quality of care. ...more

About this Blog

Red is your guide to everything AAHA. Whether you’re looking for association news, updates on our educational offerings, the latest books from AAHA Press, deals from our Preferred Providers, or fun reads from various AAHA staff and AAHA-member veterinary professionals, this is where you’ll find it.

Questions or comments?
Email us at [email protected] or call AAHA’s Member Experience Team at 800-883-6301.

AAHA-Accredited Veterinary Hospital Locator

Read the latest edition of:

Poll Question
Veterinary professionals: Are you allowed to bring your pet(s) to work with you?

The Standard of Veterinary Excellence ®
American Animal Hospital Association | Copyright ©2019 | Privacy Statement | Contact Us
The Standard of Veterinary Excellence ®
American Animal Hospital Association | Copyright © 2014
Privacy Statement | Contact Us