Footnotes and References
- Oliver Goldsmith, Irish Author & poet 1735-1774.
- Veterinary Leadership Academy and Veterinary Leadership Workshops.
- Roark A. Wilson J. The real value and cost of mentorship.
DVM Newsmagazine Oct 1, 2005. pp. 22-26.
- Lakoski, JM On being a savvy mentor and mentee: Ethical responsibilities in a mentoring relationship. Endocrine Society Newsletter, Vol 6(20): 15-28, 2004.
- Bird, SF. Overlooked aspects in the education of science professionals: Mentoring, ethics, and professional responsibility. J. Science Education and Technology: 3: 49-55, 1994.
- Bradberry T, Greaves J. The Emotional Intelligence Quick Book. Simon and Schuster 2005.
- Golman D, Emotional Intelligence. Bantam Books, 1995.
- Learn how to become a mentor. Academy of Rural Veterinarians, accessed 1/14/08, available at: www.ruralvets.com/mentoring/default.html.
- Fassig, Samuel M, Ed. Associate's Survival Guide. AAHA Press, Lakewood, CO 2005. pp. 43-49, 155-160, 187-191.
- Lee A, Dennis C, Campbell P. Nature's guide for mentors. The Nature Publishing Group, Vol 447:14, June 2007, pp. 972.
- Sambunjak, D., Straus S., Marusic, A. "Mentoring in academic medicine: a systematic review." JAMA vol 296 (9): 1103-1115., 2006.
- Institute of Medicine and National Research Council of the National Academies: Integrity in Scientific Research: Creating an Environment that Promotes Responsible Conduct.
Available at : http://www.nap.edu/books/0309084792/html.
- Clinard L, Ariav T. What mentoring does for mentors: A cross-cultural perspective. European Journal of Teacher Education 21(1) 91-108, 1998.
- Association of American Medical Colleges: Compact between Postdoctoral Appointees and Their Mentors. Washington, DC, December 2006. Available at: http://www.amc.org/research/postdoccompact/postdoccompact.pdf.
- Detsky, A., & Baerocher, M. (2007). Academic Mentoring-how to give it and how to get it. Journal of the American Medical Association, 297(19), 2134-2136.
- Handelsman, J, Pfund C, Lauffer, et al. Entering Mentoring: A Seminar to Train A New Generation of Scientists. The Wisconsin Program for Scientific Teaching, Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System 2005.
- Committee on Science, Education, and Public Policy. Advisor, Teacher, Role Model, Friend: On Being a Mentor to Students in Science and Engineering, Washington, DC; National Academy Press, 1997.
- Wilson, J, et al. Contracts, Benefits, and Practice Management for the veterinary profession.