AAHA referral standards
About referral accreditation
Designed for specialty practices, referral accreditation confidently confirms to general practitioners that specialists follow equally high standards and understand the importance of communication throughout the referral process.
Clients and pets benefit from accredited primary veterinarians and specialists working together to ensure optimal care.
To achieve AAHA referral accreditation, practices must have a board-certified specialist on staff in each accredited specialty. Referral accreditation is available for AVMA-recognized specialties, including:
- Anesthesiology (DACVAA)
- Avian (DABVP)
- Behavior (DACVB)
- Canine and Feline (DABVP)
- Dentistry (DAVDC)
- Dermatology (DACVD)
- Emergency and critical care (DACVECC)
- Exotics and companion mammal (DABVP)
- Feline (DABVP)
Login below to review AAHA's referral standards.
- Internal Medicine: Cardiology (DACVIM)
- Internal Medicine: Neurology (DACVIM)
- Internal Medicine: Oncology (DACVIM)
- Internal Medicine: Small Animal (DACVIM)
- Ophthalmology (DACVO)
- Radiology (DACVR)
- Radiology: Radiation Oncology (DACVO)
- Reptile and amphibian (DABVP)
- Surgery (DACVS)
Please log in to view additional content.