To provide the utmost protection for our members and staff during the COVID-19 pandemic, AAHA is moving to virtual accreditation evaluations for the time being. We will consistently review suggestions from the CDC, WHO, and other local, state, and federal ordinances to determine how long we need to continue performing virtual evaluations. We appreciate everyone’s efforts toward preventing the spread of the virus and are doing everything we can to help in that effort.
To best support your virtual evaluation, we will need to make some logistical changes to how we typically perform evaluations. Some items we request you have available for a virtual evaluation are:
- A charged laptop, tablet, phone that you can use to walk around the practice; we also recommend having a charger readily available
- A desktop with access to your digital records and radiology images
If neither of these is feasible, there are other options we can discuss.
We are all in this together and we are continuing to learn from each virtual evaluation we perform. We have found it easier to review your policies, procedures, and written documents prior to the virtual evaluation. Tools and platforms for sharing documents include compressed zip files, Google Docs, and Dropbox. The following is a list of documents we request you send to us electronically before your evaluation:
- Employee manual/policies and procedures handbook
- Job descriptions
- X-ray machine calibration/safety inspection (within the last 5 years)
- Documented safety training (documentation of radiation safety training is required to meet MA48)
- Continuing education summary of hours completed for the entire team from the last 12 months
- Documented culture initiative focusing on team wellness
The following options explain how to send your written documentation to us electronically; please utilize the option that works best for you, and reach out to us at [email protected] for any questions:
- How to zip/compress files for Windows:
- Locate the file or folder that you want to zip.
- Press and hold (or right-click) the file or folder, select (or point to) Send to, and then select Compressed (zipped) folder.
- A new zipped folder with the same name is created in the same location. To rename it, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Rename, and then type the new name.
- Open a new email and email your information to your practice consultant (find them here) by clicking on “Attach file” within the email message and then selecting the zipped file or folder to send
- How to zip/compress files for Mac:
- How to share a Google Doc:
- How to share files/folders via Dropbox:
"We had our virtual AAHA evaluation today [with practice consultant Rebecca Wallace, RVT, pictured left]. It went great! The process is very user friendly and easy during this difficult time. I am thankful for a great AAHA team and the technology to allow us to still have our evaluation."
— Michele Mescher, RVT
Glenway Animal Hospital