RECOVER CPR Workshop
Wednesday, September 14, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Additional registration fee: $300.00
(Register when you register for Connexity)
Get ready to experience a lifesaving, hands-on lab from the co-founder of the RECOVER Veterinary CPR initiative!
Participants will walk away with concepts and techniques in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Life Support (ALS) that is reinforced through scenario-based simulations that cover the official veterinary CPR certification process approved by the American College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care.
Successful completion of this course grants certification as a RECOVER BLS and ALS Rescuer. Human medical professionals are certified in human CPR. Veterinary medical professionals should certify themselves in veterinary CPR!
This pre-conference workshop is open to veterinarians and non-veterinary professionals. The pre-event online training portion must be completed online prior to September 10. RACE approval is pending.
- Rapidly recognize patients with cardiopulmonary arrest
- Properly administer high-quality chest compressions using the most up-to-date approaches in dogs and cats
- Provide mouth-to-snout or intubated ventilation according to current evidence-based guidelines
- Utilize effective communication and team skills that will improve your ability to manage emergent and critically ill patients
- Choose the most useful monitoring devices for patients in cardiopulmonary arrest and interpret data from them
- Rapidly diagnose the arrest ECG rhythm to determine the best ALS therapies for the patient
- Administer the most effective drugs and other adjunctive therapies for patients with cardiopulmonary arrest
- Perform life-saving procedures such as venous cutdowns, intraosseous catheter placement, and open chest CPR
Complete RECOVER CPR course through RECOVER
- Basic Life Support - 5 hours RACE CE Credit
- Advanced Life Support - 3.5 hours RACE CE credit
- Provide at least 1.5 months ahead of conference.
Onsite (RACE approval pending)
Basic Life Support Certification (1.5-2 hours)
- Review and practice
Advanced Life Support Certification (3.5-4 hours)
- Practice with Scenarios
A printed certificate may be provided on site upon completion of course, or electronic certificate emailed after the conference. Certification status is tracked on RECOVER website database.
*Limited to 20 participants. Participants must also complete a pre-requisite online course before the workshop. The workshop registration fee covers the cost of this pre-requisite course.