AAHA's Culture Initiative
Countless children have dreamt of growing up to work with animals. But what happens when that dream becomes a reality and you realize that being a veterinary professional isn’t as dreamy as you once thought?
As a veterinary professional, you or your team might be:
- Facing crushing student loan debt and a starting salary that barely pays the bills
- Experiencing pet owners who only bring their pets to you when they’re really sick, get angry about the cost of your recommendations, blame you because they can’t afford to pay for the care, and then publicly shame you online
- Working long hours with few breaks and not leaving enough time to take proper care of yourself
- Dealing with severe compassion fatigue or psychological distress
It’s no secret that wellbeing issues plague the veterinary profession. That’s why AAHA created the Healthy Workplace Culture Initiative.
Healthy culture, happy team
The benefits of a healthy practice culture
- Decreased employee turnover
- Engaged team members
- Increased employee satisfaction
- Increased staff productivity
- Improved patient care and client satisfaction
- Improved engagement, processes, and communication
- Improved individual wellbeing
- Improved practice reputation
AAHA's Healthy Workplace Culture Initiative is supported through a generous educational grant from Merck Animal Health.