AAHA names 2015 board of directors
President-elect, vice president, secretary/treasurer, and three directors will take office at the close of the AAHA Tampa 2015 Conference in March. The Leadership Identification and Nominating Committee has selected the following candidates for these positions.
- President-elect, 1-year term: Nancy Soares, VMD; Macungie, PA.
- Vice president 1-year term: Wendy Hauser, DVM; Parker, CO
- Secretary/treasurer, 2-year term: Hilary Mellor, DVM; Ottawa, Ontario
- Director, 2-year term: Heather Loenser, DVM; Glen Gardner, NJ
- Director, 1-year term, Mark McConnell, BVMS, MRCVS; Springfield, OR
- Director, 1-year term: Pamela Nichols, DVM; West Bountiful, UT
All veterinarians who have been AAHA members for at least 3 years immediately preceding election are eligible for an officer or director position. The president-elect must also have served at least 1 year on the Board of Directors.
In accordance with the amended Bylaws, additional nominations for vacant positions must have been submitted in writing to the chief executive officer over the signatures of at least one percent of all voting members, or 115 original signatures, at least 90 days prior to the yearly conference, or December 15.
Since no additional nominations were received by the deadline, the individuals nominated and listed above shall be deemed to have been elected. If there are additional nominations, voting will be by ballot sent to all voting members, and the election will be conducted in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Bylaws.