Free implementation resources available for preventive healthcare guidelines
Preventive healthcare guidelines are useless if there isn’t a formal implementation process to enroll and motivate staff, and set them up to succeed. Luckily, there are some free resources available.
Partners for Healthy Pets (PHP), an alliance of 100+ veterinary associations, veterinary colleges, and animal health companies focused on preventive care led by AAHA and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), is offering, free of charge, a step-by-step process for implementing the AAHA/AVMA Preventive Healthcare Guidelines for Dogs and Cats (“Guidelines”).
The simple, 10-step process itemizes a successful implementation process, including:
- A short introductory webinar to educate you and your practice on respective roles in a preventive healthcare program
- Regular staff meetings to support your team’s implementation of the Guidelines.
- A series of preventive healthcare team meetings to build buy-in and customization of your practice’s preventive healthcare program (PowerPoint slides and a Team Meeting Guide are included)
- A formal Practice Action Plan and Guidelines protocol
- Client communications scripts
The time investment for implementation is minimal in light of the return on your investment. Indeed, several hours upfront, followed by a series of meetings and a formal plan and protocol, will insure success of your preventive healthcare program.
Photo credit: © iStock/skynesher