Member’s corner: Make plans to celebrate AAHA-Accredited Hospital Day
AAHA-Accredited Hospital Day is less than one month away!
Every year, July 22 serves as the day AAHA designated to educate pet owners about what accreditation means for their pets and to thank accredited hospitals for holding themselves to a higher standard.
Keep in mind that July 22 falls on a Saturday this year. If your practice is typically closed on Saturdays, you can still help spread the word online. Visit the Publicity Toolbox to download brand-new resources to help you get the word out:
- Thank your clients for choosing your accredited hospital—and invite them to celebrate with you online or in person—with new Facebook wall and cover photos.
- Choose the AAHA-Accredited Hospital Day Facebook frame for your personal profile photo, or encourage clients to brag about your hospital by using it on their pages. Just visit facebook.com/profilepicframes and search for “AAHA.”
- Put subtle reminders, like AAHA Day screensavers and desktop backgrounds, around your hospital before the big day.
- Ask clients to share your hospital’s Facebook or Twitter page with a story about how your team has gone above and beyond for their pet(s).
- Create a quick video to share instantly with your virtual community using Boomerang, iMovie, or Vine.
- Ask clients to review your hospital on AAHA Day or check in when you reopen for a special treat.
- Use the hashtag #AAHADay on social media.
Looking for actions you take at your practice and for the clients coming in that day? Try some of these:
- Write down several AAHA standards and place them in a bowl at the front desk. Ask clients to draw one and spot it during their appointment for a prize.
- Ask each member of your team for a photo of themselves with their pets, as well as a quote about what being AAHA-accredited means to them. Share on social media all week long.
- Post brightly colored notes all around your hospital that describe how certain objects relate to AAHA standards. Title them "AAHA! moments"—they're sure to get your clients asking questions.
- Organize a cat or dog yoga event, group hike, or walk that begins or ends at your practice. Offer refreshments and gift bags for participants.
Don’t forget to visit the Publicity Toolbox to download free resources that you can use when planning your celebration.