Be a part of the solution at the fifth annual Veterinary Wellbeing Summit
Mental health and wellness issues remain a vital concern for all members of the veterinary medical community, from students to practitioners. Now, leading organizations in the profession are taking action to address the problem.
You can join them.
This spring, the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC), and Zoetis present the 2018 Veterinary Wellbeing Summit (April 15–17 in Chicago) to bring about wellbeing changes in the profession.
“The health and wellness challenges we face in veterinary medicine are real, they are serious, and they require a united and decisive response,” said AAVMC CEO Andrew T. Maccabe, DVM, JD, MPH. “We’re gratified to see so many people and organizations working together to address this threat to our profession and the people and animals it serves.”
The 2018 Veterinary Wellbeing Summit will bring together various influencers in the veterinary community to provide resources for establishing a culture of wellbeing and to share healthy tips and strategies you can implement at a personal or professional level. They’re designed to be utilized by anyone at any time, no matter the size of your organization or your stage in your career.
The Wellbeing Summit offers:
- An introduction to the nine dimensions of wellbeing and how you can influence each one
- More than 100 wellness tips that you can take back and implement in your home, workplace, and community
- Examples of successful wellbeing programs
- Engaging and dynamic presenters that outline action-based steps to help improve wellbeing
- Interactive opportunities to share ideas and spread messages of wellbeing with colleagues and peers
- A chance to make a difference in your profession by creating programs to improve mental, social, and physical wellbeing
Be a part of the solution. Join AVMA, AAVMC, and Zoetis April 15–17, 2018at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Register here. Space is limited, so register soon.
Don’t miss your opportunity to weigh in on one of the most important issues facing your profession, and to further this vital discussion. More details on the summit will be provided upon registration.
Photo credit: (c) Rawpixel