Join our team
At AAHA, we have high standards—for our members and for ourselves. Our team embodies a people-first, team-centric approach to doing business.
We are dedicated to making a difference for veterinary professionals, their clients, and their patients. We are animal-lovers, do-gooders, eternal optimists, and forward-thinkers. We are dedicated to making a difference and celebrating our successes together as a team.
- Enhance the abilities of veterinarians to provide quality medical care to companion animals.
- Enable veterinarians to successfully conduct their practices and maintain their facilities with high standards of excellence.
- Meet the public's needs as they relate to the delivery of small animal veterinary medicine.
We seek to lead the profession in the provision of the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving standards of care, championing accreditation, and supporting our member practices in all aspects of this pursuit.
Member Experience Team (Non-exempt)
Elevate your career and make a difference in the veterinary profession!
If you would like to grow your career and be a part of a national association that positively impacts the lives of pets and their owners, we would like to meet you.
Who we are:
We are the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our mission is to provide veterinary professionals with resources to deliver the best in companion-animal care and effectively manage their business. AAHA is respected internationally for our dedication to medical quality standards, professional development, and quality education programs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide our members and prospective members with a world-class experience. You will play an integral role in discussing and interpreting the AAHA Standards of Accreditation with our members.
- Collaborate, guide and support your remote team members throughout the AAHA accreditation evaluation process.
- Participate in the creation and review of department SOPs, protocols, and processes. Your experience will be utilized regularly during the creation and review of the AAHA Standards of Accreditation. You will also have the opportunity to participate on official AAHA committees and task forces.
Who we’re looking for:
- We are seeking someone who is passionate about veterinary medicine and has high personal standards.
- Has an AS/BS in veterinary technology or related field.
- Must be a CVT, LVT, RVT, RAHT or CVPM and have at least 3+ years’ experience in the veterinary industry.
- Knowledge of the AAHA Standards of Accreditation and/or work experience in an AAHA-accredited practice is a big plus!
- You must possess exceptional customer service skills, as well as:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Be professionally conversant and be able to work well independently and within a team environment.
- The ability to proactively seek new ideas for making our members’ experience seamless and stress-free.
- A positive “can do” attitude and the ability to contribute to a positive workplace culture.
Why work for us:
Our team is comprised of industry experts and animal lovers who are dedicated to fulfilling our Vision of leading the profession in providing the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving the standard of care. We are fully committed to the growth and development of each of our team members and offer competitive pay and benefits.Join the AAHA team and help us help veterinarians, pet owners and pets!
Benefits We Offer:
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Eligibility for 401(k) with company match
- FSA and HSA accounts
- Company paid life and disability insurance and EAP
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules are available
- Community Service leave
- Bring your dog (or well-behaved pet) to work
- Staff wellness and social activities
- Casual dress code
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to AAHA’s HR Director, [email protected]. We look forwarding to speaking with you!
AAHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), the only exclusive companion-animal veterinary association, serves nearly 50,000 individual veterinary providers, including veterinarians, technicians, managers, client service specialists, and others. AAHA is also the only organization that accredits veterinary practices in the US and Canada.
During the association’s 80 years, its mission has remained the same: to provide veterinary professionals with resources to effectively manage their businesses and deliver the best in companion-animal care. AAHA is the leader in developing benchmarks of excellence, business practice standards, informative publications, treatment guidelines and educational programs designed to help companion-animal practices thrive.
AAHA is uniquely qualified to lead the veterinary profession in the provision of quality care for companion animals by improving standards of care, championing accreditation of hospitals and supporting member practices.
AAHA seeks a leader who is passionate about high quality care for companion animals and will avidly advocate for accredited veterinary practices. This individual has a passion for membership organizations and advancing the success of members. This leader will be a tireless advocate for AAHA’s vision and mission.
Candidates will demonstrate a career path of progressive leadership and management experience in the nonprofit, association, corporate and/or government sectors. They will have experience leading and directing complex organizations with varied internal and diverse external constituencies. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes high-level decision-making and implementing best organizational practices. Highly qualified candidates will have experience in professional associations.
This individual is results and growth oriented and will demonstrate success in operating a financially sustainable organization. This executive has experience mentoring teams and refining structures and systems to support an organization’s operating results. The successful candidate values collaboration and has experience building durable relationships with members, partners, sponsors, stakeholders and constituencies.
As the key spokesperson for AAHA, this individual must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
To confidentially apply, submit a current resume and letter of introduction to Kittleman & Associates at https://ww2.kittlemansearch.com/JobsLearn More