Join our team
At AAHA, we have high standards—for our members and for ourselves. Our team embodies a people-first, team-centric approach to doing business.
We are dedicated to making a difference for veterinary professionals, their clients, and their patients. We are animal-lovers, do-gooders, eternal optimists, and forward-thinkers. We are dedicated to making a difference and celebrating our successes together as a team.
- Enhance the abilities of veterinarians to provide quality medical care to companion animals.
- Enable veterinarians to successfully conduct their practices and maintain their facilities with high standards of excellence.
- Meet the public's needs as they relate to the delivery of small animal veterinary medicine.
We seek to lead the profession in the provision of the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving standards of care, championing accreditation, and supporting our member practices in all aspects of this pursuit.
Member Experience Specialist, Member Experience Team (Non-Exempt)
Passionate about pets? Join the AAHA team and help us help Vets!
If you’re looking to make a difference in pet loving communities across the country and become a part of a national association that positively impacts the lives of pets and their owners, we would like to meet you!
Who we are:
We are the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our mission is to provide veterinary professionals with resources to deliver the best in companion-animal care and effectively manage their business. AAHA is respected internationally for our dedication to medical quality standards, professional development, and quality education programs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide our members and prospective members with a world-class experience.
- Utilize your customer service, phone, and email skills to assist members by providing resources, education on member benefits, and support with their subscriptions and account.
- Serve as the point person at the front desk on a rotating basis and be the “welcoming face” for members and visitors to AAHA HQ
- Assist with clerical duties, including but not limited to organization of materials, mailing projects, creation and management of reports
- Be familiar with content on aaha.org and effectively answer member and nonmember questions and guide them to content and resources as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to meet member needs
Who we’re looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about pets and supporting those who keep them healthy
- Knowledge of Veterinary industry and/or work experience in an AAHA-accredited practice is a big plus!
- You must possess exceptional customer service skills and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Can work well within a team environment
- The ability to proactively seek new ideas for making our members’ experience seamless and stress-free
- A positive “can do” attitude and the ability to contribute to a positive workplace culture
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn new technology
- High School Diploma required
Why work for us:
- Our team is comprised of industry experts and animal lovers who are dedicated to fulfilling our Vision of leading the profession in providing the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving the standard of care.
- We are fully committed to the growth and development of each of our team members and offer competitive pay and benefits.
Benefits we offer:
- Health/Vision, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Eligibility for 401(k) with company match
- FSA and HSA accounts
- Company paid life and disability insurance and EAP
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible work schedules are available
- Community Service leave
- Bring your dog (or well-behaved pet) to work
- Staff wellness and social activities
- Casual dress code
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume to [email protected]
Talk to our team to find out more!
AAHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer