Join our team
At AAHA, we have high standards—for our members and for ourselves. Our team embodies a people-first, team-centric approach to doing business.
We are dedicated to making a difference for veterinary professionals, their clients, and their patients. We are animal-lovers, do-gooders, eternal optimists, and forward-thinkers. We are dedicated to making a difference and celebrating our successes together as a team.
- Enhance the abilities of veterinarians to provide quality medical care to companion animals.
- Enable veterinarians to successfully conduct their practices and maintain their facilities with high standards of excellence.
- Meet the public's needs as they relate to the delivery of small animal veterinary medicine.
We seek to lead the profession in the provision of the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving standards of care, championing accreditation, and supporting our member practices in all aspects of this pursuit.
Membership Sales Manager
Membership Sales Manager (Salaried/Exempt)
Passionate about pets? Join the AAHA team and help us help Veterinarians!
If you’re looking to make a difference in pet loving communities across the country and become a part of a national association that positively impacts the lives of pets and their owners, we would like to meet you! We are looking for an experienced sales manager.
Who we are:
We are the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA), a non-profit association. Our mission is to provide veterinary professionals with resources to deliver the best in companion animal care and effectively manage their business. AAHA is respected internationally for our dedication to medical quality standards, professional development, and quality education programs.
Why work for us:
- Our team consists of industry experts and animal lovers who are dedicated to fulfilling our vision of leading the profession in providing the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving the standard of care.
- We are fully committed to the growth and development of each of our team members and offer competitive pay, bonus program and benefits.
What you’ll do:
- The Membership Sales Manager will assume sales activities, duties and responsibilities and serve as the primary contact for recruitment and growth of corporate and individual veterinary practices and relationships.
- Research new sales prospects and be responsible for the initial contact and sale, ensuring proper handoff to the Member Experience team and territory as needed.
- Conduct onsite and virtual recruitment and sales activities to bring new members into the association.
- Proactively drive ongoing recruitment and retention of accredited members through one-on-one relationship building.
- Cultivate new business leads at trade shows and conferences.
- Work with the marketing team to develop the sales strategy and marketing plans, including objectives, budget, tactics, timelines, and revenue goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service and member experience for AAHA-accredited members and prospective members.
- Understand and discuss AAHA’s Standards of Accreditation and resources with members and prospective members.
- Be knowledgeable about AAHA membership benefits and Member Savings Programs and make recommendations to members.
- Understand business partner opportunities and sales needs for corporate practice accounts.
- Support member success across AAHA by contributing to an association-wide culture of positive member experience.
- This role has regular travel requirement of approximately 50% (except as travel restrictions apply).
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field (MBA highly desirable)
- Minimum 5 -10 years of proven sales in business-to-business sales
- Veterinary industry knowledgeable highly desirable
- Successful project and time management experience
- Ability to understand and work with numeric and financial information
- Must be able to perform in-person and virtual business sales and relationship management work
Benefits we offer:
- Starting Salary Range: $95,000 - $105,000
- Eligible to participate in an incentive bonus program
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options, and FSA or HSA accounts
- 401(k) with company match
- Company-paid life and disability insurance and EAP, Voluntary life and disability for employee, spouse and dependents
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Community Service/Volunteerism leave
- Staff wellness and social activities
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to AAHA’s Director of Human Resources: [email protected]
Talk to our team to find out more!
AAHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforceApply today