Join our team
At AAHA, we have high standards—for our members and for ourselves. Our team embodies a people-first, team-centric approach to doing business.
We are dedicated to making a difference for veterinary professionals, their clients, and their patients. We are animal-lovers, do-gooders, eternal optimists, and forward-thinkers. We are dedicated to making a difference and celebrating our successes together as a team.
- Enhance the abilities of veterinarians to provide quality medical care to companion animals.
- Enable veterinarians to successfully conduct their practices and maintain their facilities with high standards of excellence.
- Meet the public's needs as they relate to the delivery of small animal veterinary medicine.
We seek to lead the profession in the provision of the highest quality of care for companion animals by improving standards of care, championing accreditation, and supporting our member practices in all aspects of this pursuit.
Elevate your career and make a difference in the veterinary profession
If you would like to grow your career and be a part of a national association that positively impacts the lives of pets and their owners, we would like to meet you!
Who we are:
We are the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA). Our mission is to provide veterinary professionals with resources to deliver the best in companion-animal care and effectively manage their business. AAHA is respected internationally for our dedication to medical quality standards, professional development, and quality education programs.
What you’ll do:
- Provide our members and prospective members with a world-class experience. You will play an integral role in discussing and interpreting the AAHA Standards of Accreditation with our members.
- Collaborate with, guide, and support your remote team members throughout the AAHA accreditation evaluation process.
- Participate in the creation and review of department SOPs, protocols, and processes. Your experience will be utilized regularly during the creation and review of the AAHA Standards of Accreditation. You will also have the opportunity to participate on official AAHA committees and task forces.
Who we’re looking for:
- We are seeking someone who is passionate about veterinary medicine and has high personal standards.
- At least three years of experience working as a CVT or CVPM is required.
- Knowledge of the AAHA Standards of Accreditation and/or work experience in an AAHA-accredited practice is a big plus!
- You must possess exceptional customer service skills, as well as:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team environment
- The ability to proactively seek new ideas for making our members’ experience seamless and stress-free
- A positive “can do” attitude and the ability to contribute to a positive workplace culture
Why work for us:
Our team is comprised of industry experts and animal lovers who work hard to a build a strong, cohesive team. We are fully committed to the growth and development of each of our team members and offer competitive pay and benefits.
How to apply:
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume. We look forwarding to speaking with you!Apply Now
Copywriter & Editor
Copywriter & Editor
The American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) is looking for a creative Copywriter and thorough Editor to amplify our creative team’s talents. As Copywriter & Editor, you will make use of your writing skills to market, educate, and optimize the association’s brand voice through a variety of platforms.
Your tasks will include:
- Working closely with Creative Services team members to uphold a consistent and compelling brand identity, voice, tone, and quality.
- Researching, developing, and writing content about a variety of industry topics and association objectives for multiple platforms including, but not limited to web, email, magazine, video, blog, digital presentations, social media, and marketing materials.
- Setting your creative brainstorming and collaboration powers to max while working alongside internal stakeholders and fellow team members to create compelling content.
- Editing and proofreading association and contributed content for accuracy, grammar, spelling, consistency, and cohesiveness with AAHA Style Guide and the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Optimizing online content for search, ADA compliance, and designated audiences.
- Contributing to upholding and maintaining the AAHA Style Guide as part of the AAHA Style team.
- Managing your inspired workflow to deliver copy for a multitude of campaigns, projects, and initiatives at once.
- Supporting the association website and social media channels in conjunction with fellow team members.
- Keeping up-to-date with association products and offerings, veterinary industry trends, and evolving communication tactics.
- An imaginative, enthusiastic storyteller that is able to keep the bigger picture in focus.
- A gracious and collaborative team player by nature.
- Familiar with design and marketing processes.
- Skilled in writing for web, with a solid understanding of how to best version written material for digital and print formats.
In your professional journey you have:
- Experience copywriting and editing for 2+ years as part of a creative or marketing team.
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in writing, journalism, communications, or similar.
- Experience in writing and editing according to the Chicago Manual of Style.
- Experience with social media and content management systems.
- Experience with project management systems.
Benefits we offer:
- Health & dental insurance options
- Eligibility for 401(k) with company match
- Access to FSA
- Paid time off
- Community service leave
- A flexible work schedule that includes four work-from-home days a month
- Bring your dog (or well-behaved pet) to work
- Staff wellness and social activities
- Casual dress code
- Talk to our team to find out more!
Veterinary Practice Consultant
The Practice Consultant conducts the onsite accreditation evaluation visits for AAHA-accredited and prospective hospital members. Additionally, consultants serve as ambassadors for AAHA, working to promote AAHA and AAHA accreditation across North America. Consultants possess excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills, and are able to work effectively as a team member dedicated to providing an exceptional member experience. This position is a remote position requiring weekly travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an exceptional member experience for AAHA-accredited members and prospective members:
- Provide thorough, helpful and member friendly support, service, and communication; use independent judgment to resolve member inquiries, issues, and requests
- Know, understand, discuss, and interpret the AAHA Standards of Accreditation and associated rationales, tips, and resource
- Proactively drive ongoing recruitment and retention of accredited members through one-on-one relationship building
- Be familiar with the content on aaha.org and effectively answer member and nonmember questions; guide them to content and resources as needed
- Collaborate with other departments to meet member needs
- Be knowledgeable about AAHA membership benefits and recommend them as appropriate to members including Affinity programs
- Be familiar with AAHA initiatives, strategic goals, and marketing projects
- Review member database information and update during every member interaction to ensure member data integrity
- Work with accreditation specialists to conduct the accreditation evaluation visit for each hospital:
- Conduct onsite accreditation evaluations in a manner that mentors members and prospective members toward continuous improvement
- Manage assigned territory including evaluation schedules, recruitment activities, nonaccredited contacts, and onsite CE
- Serve as an ambassador for AAHA and AAHA accreditation in the field
- Work closely with teammates within Member Experience and throughout the association:
- Partner with accreditation specialists to ensure member success
- Participate in the creation and updating of the AAHA Standards of Accreditation through team meetings and accreditation in-services
- Connect with members by attending national, regional, or local meetings
- Review marketing articles and materials as requested
- Volunteer for special staff projects and other AAHA deadlines as needed
- Participate in official AAHA committees/teams/task forces as needed
- Support member success across AAHA by contributing to an association-wide culture of member experience
- Provide excellent customer service and contribute to positive workplace culture. A positive “can-do” attitude and strong communication skills are expected to work successfully with colleagues, leadership, members, and vendors
- Ensure all personnel policies and procedures are followed
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested by the Regional Field Manager, Member Experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Excellent command of both written and verbal communications.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Must be professionally conversant and well-groomed
- Ability to work well independently as well as within a team environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to learn new technology.
- Knowledge of AAHA Standards of Accreditation and/or work experience in an AAHA-accredited veterinary practice a plus.
- Must be able to set up a home office for necessary paperwork, follow-up reports, and communication with association staff and members.
- AS/BS in veterinary technology or related field.
- CVT, LVT, RVT, RAHT or CVPM.
- 3+ years’ experience in the veterinary industry.
- Previous management in veterinary practice preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Must be able to travel by car/airplane.
- Must be able to travel long distances (parking lots to airline terminals, for example), carrying luggage and business items such as laptop, camera, briefcase, files, etc.
- Must be able to perform the evaluation work which requires moving throughout the practice and sometimes involving multiple floors (stairs) and long hours (12-14+ hours inclusive of travel).