Veterinary Management Institute (VMI)
AAHA is closely monitoring developments related to COVID-19 and we will continue to follow recommended public health guidelines leading up to all scheduled AAHA events. Please refer to the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control for specific information related to COVID-19.
Now more accessible than ever, the newly redesigned VMI is turbo-charged executive-level leadership training for experienced practice managers and owners.
Connect with a cohort of professional peers to learn to lead together as you work with expert facilitators from Colorado State University’s College of Business.
- Updated, timely content in a shorter format
- 5-month program offered twice a year (starting in July)
- New learning facilitators, including world-renowned Dr. Temple Grandin
- Join a cohort of peers who become a lifelong professional resource, even after the program ends
- 38 RACE-approved and VHMA CVPM Qualified CE hours (pending approval)
VMI's upcoming sessions will be conducted online and run from July 2021 to November 2021. See below for more details.
Register for VMI
Registration closes June 28.
Exclusive payment plan available
A payment plan is available for this program.
Please contact AAHA at 800-252-2242 for details.
Monthly sessions are held over two days for three to four hours each. Instructions to join will be sent via email after you've registered to the address provided.
All sessions will be conducted from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Mountain Time on the noted dates.
Upcoming session details
Welcome/Program Stats/Capstone Project
Creative Decision Making, Innovation, and Adapting to Change
Veterinary Strategic Human Resource Management
Understanding the Human-Animal Bond
Video Marketing for Veterinary Practices
Strategic Leadership and Strengths-Based Leadership™
Building Effective Veterinary Teams
Veterinary Leadership Collaboration on Culture
Discuss Capstone Project/Graduation
Wrap up/Capstone Project/Graduation
Required books and supplies are included in the cost of registration. Upon graduation, students will receive a certificate to display their accomplishment.
What's the cost?
Before May 15, 2021
After May 15, 2021
All required course books and supplies are included in the price of registration.
- VMI is a 5-month-long online program that will require attention and time commitment on a monthly basis.
- It is designed for the experienced practice manager (CVPM) and/or practice owner that is seeking an advanced-level continuing education experience.
- AAHA and Colorado State University (CSU) has worked with each learning facilitator one-on-one to develop and implement the curriculum.
- Upcoming sessions will be completely virtual. Monthly virtual sessions are held the first Saturday and Sunday of each month for 4 hours via Zoom. You will receive information to join each Zoom call via email.
- Sessions will occur from 9 AM to 1 PM Mountain Time each Saturday and Sunday.
- Students will develop new skills each month that they will apply during the virtual sessions. They are expected to complete online assignments between sessions at whatever time that is most convenient for them. These assignments will help them prepare for their next virtual session.
- Students will be able to track their progress through CSU's Canvas platform.
- Upon graduation, students will receive a certificate to display their accomplishment.
“VMI was a great learning experience. Not only will it help me in my veterinary management role, but it will also help me personally. The communication, leadership, and culture modules were very educational and applicable to veterinary practice. The friendships made will be long-lasting. Overall, VMI should be considered a ‘must-do’ continuing education experience.”
— 2018 VMI graduate