AAHA-Accredited Veterinary Management Groups
Great minds don't think alike; they collaborate.
Comprised of noncompeting AAHA-accredited practices representing diverse markets throughout the U.S., these veterinary management groups (VMGs) allow practice owners and managers to openly discuss challenges, identify goals, share success stories, and benefit from an environment of mutual support and motivation.
Each group meets semi-annually to solve real-life problems and share information, benchmarking data, management experiences, ideas, and resources. Communication is continued between meetings via secure email lists and web portals.
AAHA-Accredited VMG members also gain access to an exclusive benchmarking program that allows members to run searches based on more than 25 different demographics to compare their practice to others in the global VMG database.
AAHA-Accredited VMGs bring the best of the best together to help each practice attain even greater levels of success.
- Access to intellectual capital and resources typically available only to the largest corporate practice groups
- A peer-support network comprised of noncompeting colleagues
- Groups act as an unofficial board of directors for individual practice problem-solving
- Access to practice financial benchmarking and analysis
- 50+ industry vendor partnerships provide cost savings on supplies and services
- Helps develop management and financial skills
- Improves relationship building and networking
- Professionally fulfilling, challenging, and rewarding
To join an AAHA-Accredited VMG, members must be:
- A practice owner, administrator, or manager
- Active within their respective practice(s) and empowered to institute change
- Committed to enhancing the success of other practices and open to the exchange of ideas and best practices
- Willing to collect and report financial data periodically utilizing the Veterinary Study Groups chart of accounts
- Attend required biannual meetings
- Able to respect and adhere to the confidentiality requirements and to comply with antitrust law
About Veterinary Study Groups, Inc.
Veterinary Study Groups (VSG), the parent company for 54 Veterinary Management Groups (VMG) operating throughout the United States and Canada, is comprised of more than 1,200 members. These members own and operate 1,700 small animal and equine veterinary practices, with more than 5,800 full‐time equivalent veterinarians on staff, accounting for greater than $3 billion in aggregate revenue.
Each VMG is made up of 16-22 individuals and meets bi‐annually to share information, data, management experiences, ideas, resources, problems, solutions, and successes. Mutual support and motivation help each member to attain higher levels of success as practice administrators and leaders. These independent practice owners gain access to intellectual capital, purchasing programs and professional development resources typically available only to the largest corporate practice groups.
There are currently more than 50 Veterinary Management Groups, including five AAHA-accredited VMG, three of which were a result of the collaboration between VSG and AAHA and their groups, formerly known as AAHA’s North American Business Association groups.Learn more
“Our AAHA-Accredited VMG creates a system of accountability that now propels us to account for things in our business that we should always be evaluating. When you have the knowledge and information to take the pulse of your practice, you can become more proactive in making positive changes where they are needed. Being part of an AAHA-Accredited VMG motivates my staff and shows us the room we have for improvement despite all of the success we have already achieved. It was one of the best decisions we have ever made.”
— Shantila F. Rexroat, DVM,
Adair County Animal Hospital, Kentucky