Hill’s Recall Expansion
This press release just in from Hill's Pet Nutrition:
It is with sincere regret that I write to inform you that Hill’s is expanding the voluntarily recall of canned dog food products relating to the January 31st recall. As a company, and as pet parents, we always put our pets’ health and wellness first and pride ourselves on developing the best nutrition to meet their needs.
Following the recall, we conducted a detailed review of our canned dog foods. As we had expected, that review confirmed that the issue is isolated to the same vitamin premix used in canned dog foods and limited to specific production lots. However, our review did determine that there were additional products affected by that vitamin premix, and it is for that reason that we are expanding the recall. No dry foods, cat foods or treats are affected.
Attached to this letter you will find two appendices. Appendix A lists the affected canned dog food products, their SKUs, lot numbers and date codes that are being voluntarily recalled. Appendix B provides guidance for how we will retrieve and credit customers for the affected product. [NEWStat has not listed the Appendixes here, but you can find the information therein here.]
We understand that this recall has caused pet parents considerable anxiety and that the well-being of their pets may have been affected. We are also aware of the disruption and difficulty that this has caused you and your staff. We have addressed the issues that caused this recall, and we are working to make this right:
- We’re informing you ahead of the public announcement so that you can respond effectively to consumers
- We have expanded the operating hours of our Veterinary Consultation Service and opened our consumer call center to 7 days a week
- We will pay for the diagnostic screening for Hypervitaminosis D for any pet consuming impacted food
- We will pay for continued diagnostic testing for pets with elevated Vitamin D levels until they are back to normal
- We will reimburse pet parents for medical treatment for an affected pet eating impacted food
- We are committed to the highest standards in quality and have introduced even more stringent quality checks into our existing safety processes
- As always we stand behind our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on all our products
How to contact us:
- Should your client want to speak to Hills directly, please contact Hill’s Consumer Affairs (Email: email@example.com or Tel: 1-800-445-5777)
- Should you have a medical case to discuss, please contact Hill’s Veterinary Consultation Services (Tel: 1-800-548-8387 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are working hard to make this right. We have addressed this issue and will follow-up with you to help. In the meantime, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our team if you have any questions.
Vice President & General Manager,
Hill’s Pet Nutrition