AAHA Con trivia, part deux #4: Who am I?
Michael Jaffe, DVM, MS, CCRP, DACVS
Session 1: Tips to Improve the Success of Small Animal Surgery of the Urinary Tract
This session will discuss basic urinary tract surgery procedures for the small animal practitioner. It will include a discussion and helpful tips for performing successful PU surgery, cystotomy, urethrotomy, and urethral retro-hydropulsions. The surgical procedures, indications, and post-op care of these patients will be discussed.
- Learn the basic principles of urinary tract surgery.
- Learn tips for enhancing their surgical technique for cystotomy, urethral obstruction, uroabdomen, perineal urethrostomy, and other surgical procedures of the urinary tract.
- Learn post-operative care for cystotomy, urethrotomy, and PU surgeries.
Session 2: Treating Challenging Perianal and Perineal Disease in Dogs
This topic discusses diagnosis and treatment of common perineal and perianal diseases. A discussion and helpful tips for diagnosing and treating perianal fistula, anal sacculitis, anal sacculectomy surgery, rectal prolapse, anal tumors are covered. The surgical procedures, indications, and post-op care of these patients are discussed.
- Learn the most common disorders of the perineal and perianal region of dogs and cats.
- Learn the diagnosis and treatment of anal sacculitis, neoplasia, perianal fistula, rectal prolapse, and other disorders.
- Learn to differentiate between cases requiring surgical management from those requiring non-surgical management.
Session 3: Tips to Improve the Success of Small Animal Gastrointestinal Surgery
This lecture discusses surgical techniques and tips for common GI surgeries including gastrotomy, gastropexy, enterotomy, and intestinal resection/anastomosis. Diagnosis, surgery, and post-op care of patients is covered.
- Learn techniques for managing the common surgeries performed on the GI tract.
- Learn tips for improving their surgical technique when performing gastrotomy, enterotomy, and intestinal resection/anastomosis.
- Learn pre-op and post-op care principles for patients undergoing surgery of the GI tract.
Register at aaha.org/aahacon!