AAHA Senior Care Guidelines Toolkit
Ever wish you could download recommendations from AAHA Guidelines directly into your practice culture?
Inside our implementation toolkit, you'll find a wealth of resources to help you do something even better - give your team the tools they need to adapt the guidelines to your unique practice. Check out our client care tips for making senior pets (and their people!) feel welcome, an FAQ with Vicky Ograin, MBA, RVT, VTS (Nutrition), about how to help senior pets eat their way to longer, happier lives, and a stand-alone senior pet guide for clients. You'll also find a link to a special episode of Central Line: The AAHA Podcast with Senior Care Guidelines task force member Mary Gardner, DVM.
Download the AAHA Senior Care Guidelines toolkit to help your team do what only they can do: bring the guidelines to life in your practice.
- Your Senior Pet From Head to Toe
Home Monitoring Tips from the American Animal Hospital Association
- Tips for Techs - Nutrition FAQ
- Client Care Corner
The AAHA Senior Care Guidelines toolkit is made possible with generous support from Hill's Pet Nutrition.
Looking for more ways to help senior pets and their people navigate nutrition? Check out these resources from Hill’s:
Check out these resources from Hill’s:
- Nutrition: 5th Vital Assessment poster
- Team nutrition resources
- AAHA + Hill’s collaboration: Nutrition is Vital booklet
- Feline weight chart
- Canine weight chart
- A scientifically validated Pet Eating Enthusiasm Scale using emojis!
- WSAVA Global Nutrition Committee Guidelines on Selecting Pet Foods
- Taste teaser ideas
- Veterinary Team: New Food Progress checklist