For Veterinary Teams
Feline Lifestyle Assessment Form
Provide this printable form to cat owners prior to the start of a veterinary visit to improve the efficiency and accuracy of your history-taking.
Feline Life Stage Poster
This printable two-sided resource can be displayed at your practice to educate clients about the feline life stages, or as a reminder to ask your team what special needs their cat may have at its current life stage.
Free RACE-approved web conference
Join us and learn tips, trends, and resources from the guidelines.
Quick Reference Tables
- Feline Life Stages (PDF)
- Life Stage Checklists (PDF)
- Diseases and Conditions that Require Additional Focus During Examination (PDF)
- Recommended Diagnostics Based on Life Stage (PDF)
AAHA Press Resources
AAHA Exam Report Cards
Tidy up your patient records and improve compliance with AAHA’s Exam Report Cards. Intuitively organized and thoroughly reviewed by veterinarians and technicians, this form ensures that all information is captured.
101 Essential Tips: Cat Health & Safety
Start your clients and their new cats off on the right paw for a safe, healthy relationship on the first visit.
Feline-Specific Behavior Brochures
With easy-to-understand text and engaging illustrations, this set of client brochures explains the mysteries of cat behavior and offers practical strategies for preventing or correcting problems.
Pet Health Brochures
Ensure your clients understand the importance of their pets’ healthcare at every age with accessible pet health brochures.
Understanding Your Pet’s Health: A Visual Guide
Stock your exam rooms with the ultimate client education tool. Discussing wellness topics and diagnostics has never been easier, thanks to this highly visual, client-friendly guide.
Additional Guidelines and Toolkits
Feline Infectious and Noninfectious Diseases
- 2020 AAHA/AAFP Feline Vaccination Guidelines
- 2016 AAFP Guidelines for the Management of Feline Hyperthyroidism
- 2016 ISFM Consensus Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Management of Feline Chronic Kidney Disease
- 2018 AAHA Diabetes Management Guidelines for Dogs and Cats
- 2019 AAFP Diabetes Educational Toolkit
- 2015 ISFM Consensus Guidelines on the Practical Management of Diabetes Mellitus in Cats
- 2017 ISFM Consensus Guidelines on the Diagnosis and Management of Hypertension in Cats.
- 2021 AAFP Hypertension Educational Toolkit
- 2018 ACVIM Hypertension Consensus Statement.
- 2020 AAFP Feline Retrovirus Testing and Management Guidelines
- 2019 AAHA Dental Care Guidelines for Dogs and Cats
Feline Quality of Life
- 2016 AAHA/IAAHPC End-of-Life Care Guidelines
- 2021 AAFP End of Life Online Educational Toolkit
- AAFP Position Statement on Positive Reinforcement
- AAFP Claw Friendly Educational Toolkit
- 2015 AAHA Behavior Management of the Dog and Cat
- AAFP Feline Behavior Guidelines
- 2019 AAFP Feline Zoonoses Guidelines
- AAFP Position Statement “Impact of lifestyle choice on the companion cat: indoor vs outdoor.”
- AAFP’s Feline Feeding Programs Consensus Statement.
Additional Industry Resources
American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP)
Learn more about the organization that worked alongside AAHA to create these guidelines.
Signs of Pet Diabetes(Merck)
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., CareCredit, Dechra Veterinary Products, IDEXX Laboratories, Inc., Merck Animal Health, and Zoetis Petcare supported the development of the 2021 AAHA/AAFP Feline Life Stage Guidelines and resources through an educational grant to AAHA.