Mental health and wellness issues remain a vital concern for all members of the veterinary medical community, from students to practitioners. Now, leading organizations in the profession are taking action to address the problem. You can join them.
Exhibit halls are a great place to check the pulse of your practice’s inventory health and explore all the latest products, services, and trends in veterinary medicine; however, if you’re not attending conferences regularly, you could be missing something or falling behind. AAHA is excited to bring the exhibit hall experience online with the launch of AAHA Market Connect, a brand-new, digital product directory that allows users to:
AAHA is getting our 2018 Press Catalog ready, and we need your help! We’d like to show the products featured in the catalog being used by you and your team in your hospital!
Catch up on the latest news in the industry. This week: chemicals in cats' blood, an expanded food recall, adoption for older dogs, and a lost cat reunited with his owner.
Nutrition is clearly a good goal for practices to focus on, but how do you implement the suggested changes given by the guidelines? AAHA has provided resources, three booklets available through its website, that give helpful information to build awareness and promote implementation of those guidelines.
The next time you treat a feline patient with upper respiratory disease (URD), you may want to prescribe cuddling. At least, that’s what a new study suggests. Researchers from the School of Veterinary Science at the University of Queensland in Australia found that petting, playing with, and grooming cats reduced the incidence of URD in those cats. Their findings were published in the October issue of Preventive Veterinary Medicine. (The study was available online Aug. 5).
A weekly quote to reflect upon.
Veterinary practices across the country should soon receive Economic Census forms from the United States Census Bureau.
A San Antonio woman is fighting to have rope toys pulled from PetSmart stores after her dog reportedly died from ingesting part of one.